Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Finger Lakes in the news


In celebration of Wine Spectator's recent article highlighting the Finger Lakes ("Single Vineyard Craze in the Finger Lakes" by James Molesworth, 3/31/10 issue), a bottle of Heron Hill's Ingle Vineyard Cab Franc '06 is decanting for dinner tonight. I was beside myself with giddiness when I read the article last week. Some of my favorite Finger Lakes wineries were mentioned (Wiemer, Ravines!, Lamoreaux Landing) and the publicity makes me oddly proud (and excited for their well deserved publicity).

The best thing about opening a bottle from a wine trip is the memories that resurface. Conversations with winemakers and winery staff, visuals of the countryside, connections with fellow wine lovers and, of course, thoughts of all those bottles you wish you could have brought home.

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. yummy...one of my favorite wines. I actually have a bottle ready for dinner tonight with two huge prime rib steaks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually did a winemaker dinner At Palo Santo last week with Ingle Vineyards wines. The 2006 Cabernet Franc was paired with stewed beef cheecks. It was incredible. Any dark beef or venaison stew will do. Even a filet Mignon with red wine glazed onions would work also. That's it, I'm hungry again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had it with a very tender beef roast and veggies. And now I wish I would have bought two bottles.

    ReplyDelete