Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pour me some of that "Steve" wine...

Our buddy Steve loves a good Zin. So much so that I've started calling (red) Zinfandel "Steve" - partly in honor, partly in jest. While I was at Moore Bros. Saturday, I made sure to pick up a bottle. We opened it last night. Yes, Steve was in attendance. It was a hit because the contents disappeared pretty quickly.


Three 2007 Old Vines Zinfandel - California, $18

What I sampled I liked: great berry aromas, full body, decently long finish, fruit-forward flavors, spice (but nothing nearly as spicy as Wilson's Tori) and easy drinking. A buy again. Produced by Cline (Matt Cline). Shhhh.

We also opened a great wine from last October's Finger Lakes trip: Ravines 2008 Sauvignon Blanc. Perfect with guacamole!

No comments:

Post a Comment